Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Would you like to be involved in our food pantry ministry, but not sure how? We would love to be able to provide our clients with the makings of a nutritious meal, but with budget constraints and constant change of inventory at the Atlanta Community Food Bank this is not always possible. Would you be willing to donate a specific type of non-perishable? Every other week we are going to send a list of items from a different recipe. While we need a large quantity of each item, even the smallest donations can help. You could purchase one of each item or many from one category. Thank you so much for allowing us to continue to help those in need in our community. We are truly following Jesus' example when we choose to feed the poor. Thank you.

Please put all donations in the blue receptacle in the lobby between today and October 16.

15 oz can great northern beans (we need 75)
15 oz can tomato sauce (we need 150)
10 oz can beef broth (we need 75)
Containers of Italian seasoning (any size)

Thank you again!

3 comments:

  1. There are cans of tomatoes on sale at Publix, and a coupon from last Sunday's paper gives you a discount with buying 3 cans - I think it's BOGO (buy one get one free) otherwise known as half price!
    Looking for the cheap spices $1 per bottle, not at Publix by the produce anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like me to teach a class for you? I show people how to match what is on sale with coupons. Recently at Publix I got $141.85 worth of groceries and paid $33.17. The next time I shopped at Publix I got $136.32 worth of groceries for $42.61. I just left CVS with $12 worth of items and I paid $ .89. I live in Kennesaw. My website is www.thecoupontutor.com or my money saving blog is www.thecoupontutor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, I saw the $1 spices at Big Lots on Glade if you're still looking. They had the Italian spice- I know that was one of the ones you were looking for.

    ReplyDelete