Monday, October 19, 2009

Source for fresh produce

Just found out about this service and tried it last week. For $15, I got a head of green leaf lettuce, a head of cabbage, a bag of carrots (regular), a bag of apples (5 lb?), bunch of bananas, white grapes, some potatoes, Anjou pears, corn on the cobb, and a couple of onions. To be honest, I couldn't fit it all in my fridge. You can order weekly, bi-weekly, or as needed. There's a $10 fee to join but it pays for your "basket." Shelly Browne also tried it out and told them about our food pantry. They donated the leftovers and we had fresh cabbage and potatos to give out Saturday! Here's the info if you want to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I can't wait! I have wanted to find a co-op for my area for so long, but the only near me is really expensive. This one delivers to a neighborhood less than 3 miles from my house and it only costs $3 more to pick it up there!!! I won't be able to get it tomorrow, but I will be able to have it close to home next week.... AND you can try it once without the $10 fee. Just FYI

    ReplyDelete