Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sharing the Bread of Life


I've been thinking a lot about how to get the people at our food pantry more nutritious food. One idea I've been pursuing was linking up with Real Bread Ministry which wants to help get fresh bread to food pantries.
Sue Becker asked me to put my ideas together, so I did.
She has such a great network of bread makers in this area, so I thought why not each person who makes bread make one loaf for the hungry and freeze it, then donate to their local food pantry.

Hopefully that will resonate with her. I often have more dough, and more bread than we can use and freeze the extra. But can't make 60 loaves extra every two weeks--financial and kitchen-wise.

Also trying to find ways to use some of the beans and grains I have to package into small quantities to make lentil soup, etc. Don't know if anyone noticed the bags of millet !! People probably wondered what the heck is this . . .
need to label, give directions on it if it's something they might not be familiar with.
Anyway . . . let me know if you have any ideas!
http://www.breadbeckers.com she's willing to give supplies at cost for food pantry baking . . .


Shelly
Now accepting food donations for Beth Day Memorial Food Pantry
http://www.chem-dry.net/allstar.ga

1 comment: